Are you planning to buy an electric and dustless drywall sander? You came to the right place as through this article we shall provide you important information which could help you make a sound decision in choosing one that would best suit your needs. Through this article, we shall feature the best electric and dustless drywall sanders.
Top Quick Picks
Best Drywall Sanders
This dustless drywall sander is highly recommended for professional use. It allows you to work on wall and ceilings with its expandable handle. This means, you could get an even and smooth finish work. The only downside of this product is it does not have a dust collection but it is paired with a Festool CT 36 AC Dust Extractor which means it could cost you more compared to other brands. Take in mind that this tool is not for small jobs and is designed for large work.
- Two lengths, one machine-extend or reduce quickly and easily in seconds
- Two-speed gears for efficient, rapid material removal on walls and ceilings
- Robust, reliable drive components and efficient power transfer
- Adjustable suction power decreases the perceived weight of the machine
- Pad size: about 8 ¾ inches
- Three-year warranty
- Industrial grade quality.
- Very effective dust extraction.
- Professional grade sander.
- Makes quick and easy work of the toughest jobs – Simply put it’s the perfect pick for contractors.
- Need to purchase dust extractor
If you are looking for best value for your money, the Porter-Cable 7800 Electric Drywall Sander is a great option. It is 5 feet long and it is lightweight with it weighing around 9 pounds only. It is not top heavy and has an even weight distribution. This makes it easy to control. Aside from that, it also has a dust collection system which would suck in the dust while you are working. It is durable and effective. It is used by numerous professionals. The only downside of this drywall sander is that it does not have any telescoping handle, but, you do not have to worry as its handle is long and it is lightweight as well.
- Variable speeds ranging from 1400 to 2000 RPM
- Hook-and-loop straps for easy mounting and handling
- System: 120 VAC, 60 HZ, 4.7 Amp, AC Only
- 13-foot vacuum hose that dissipates static
- Lightweight, 8.5-pound body for easy handling
- Pad size: 9 inch
- Weight: 9 pounds
- Long handle which helps you reach the ceiling
- Dust collection system
- Perfect for professionals and contractors
- Non-adjustable handle
- Difficult to get a good grip
- Vacuum hose is difficult to fit
If you are on a budget, Power Pro 2100 is your best bet. It comes with a variable 6-speed motor, it has high RPMs, handle which could be extended up to 5.5 feet, lightweight and is made of aluminum and hard plastic. It has the ability to pivot in all directions and side to side. It also comes with carrying bag, vacuum hose and sandpaper discs. With these extras included, performance and output work would be amazing. This tool is perfect not only for seasoned professionals but also home DIYer.
- 710 watts of input power
- Variable 6 speed motor (1000 to 2100 rpm).
- Made from a hard, durable plastic and low-weight, strong aluminum.
- Extendable handle from 4ft to 5.5ft for better access to hard to reach areas (including ceilings).
- Commercial use and DIYers.
- Pad size: 9 inches
- Weight: 10 pounds
- High RPMs
- Extendable handle reaches up to 5.5 feet making it great for overhead work
- RPM is not low enough to handle softer materials
This brand is popular and well-known in the industry. It comes with a reasonable price and it is lightweight weighing about 9 pounds. It has an adjustable handle which reaches up to 5 feet. Aside from that it also has a pivoting head which makes it easy to use and handle. It could swivel in all directions. This helps especially when you are working on tighter spaces, corners and ceilings. Sanding discs are attached with Velcro.
- Variable speed adjustment operates from 600 to 1500 RPM
- Hook-and-loop base pad
- 5-Amp head-mounted motor
- Provides maximum torque
- Automatic dust removal system combined with the 15-foot dust hose
- Includes 60, 80, 120, 150, 180 and 240 grit hook-and-loop 9-inch sanding discs
- Great value for money
- Pivoting head
- Handle telescopes to 5 feet long
This electric drywall sander comes with 9 inch sanding discs. Its handle could be expanded which makes it easier for you to reach the ceilings. This tool is a little on the heavier side and its grip could be a little uncomfortable. Hence, it is recommended that you wear work gloves while using this tool. This tool also comes with 6 sander discs and vacuum hose which you could hook up with a dust extractor. This tool is perfect for home projects and is not designed for professionals.
- Strong and reliable;
- 600 watt, 110V, 60Hz, ETL approved
- Adjustable speed: 1000-2000 RPM
- Can be used on its own or hooked up to a vacuum cleaner attachment
- Fully extended length: 65 inches
- Includes hose, telescopic handle, and (6) sanding discs
- Telescoping handle
- Comes with 6 sanding discs
- Easy to assemble
- No low RPM setting
- Vacuum hose is not compatible with most dust extractors or shop vacs
- Difficult to use on tight spaces or corners
All we could say about this product is you get the highest quality but comes with an expensive price. However, compared to Festool 571579 model, this sander is much cheaper.
- Simple set-up and with intuitive Controls
- Low weight and perfect balance reduce fatigue
- Direct-drive EC Tec Brushless motor
- Flexible head design allows greater freedom-of-movement for easier sanding
- 3-year service all-inclusive warranty
- Industrial grade sander
- Comes with power dust extractor
- Perfect for contractors and professionals
- You would need to buy dust vac separately
- Very expensive
How to Buy a Drywall Sander
Drywall sander prepares the walls for decorating. It could be used either on drywall or plaster. You will need this tool to make the wall smoother. Though you would need a detail sander to work on tight edges and corners, an electric drywall sander could work on the rest.
What am I using it for?
Here are some of the things you would need to think about:
- Is it for one-time job or will you be using it for multiple jobs?
- Will you use it for your home or will you be using it and taking it to other places?
- Do you need to sand the ceiling aside from the walls?
- Will you be using it on drywall only?
This is one of the most important factors. Take in mind that the heavier the sander is the more difficult it is to use. Take into consideration if you will be using it to sand the ceiling. If you are, we highly recommend that you choose one that is lightweight and easy to balance. In this article, we have featured sanders that weigh about 9 to 19 pounds. Though that is the case, take in mind as well that the heavier the tool is the more it is equipped to perform better at a professional level.
The higher the RPMs is the faster the job could be done. However, this could also make the tool heavier and more difficult to control.
You will be able to find drywall sanders that are flexible and has the ability to work on small spaces and corners.
There are some brands that come with sanding discs attached to the head of the machine with Velcro. While there are brands that make their own sanding disc in a non-standard size which is difficult to find replacement in case it gets worn down.
We hope that through this article, you were able to gain useful information which you could use in making a sound decision in choosing the best drywall sander that would best suit your needs.